A GREAT BIG Welcome back to Pastor Martin Spoelstra, as he returns September 3rd after his sabbatical leave.
Pastor Martin will be preaching 2 messages on our core values (September 7th and 14th) before he begins a brand new series called "You Make Me Crazy." This 9 week series will cover many beneficial topics, and we will be doing small group series based on the messages. For more information, please email Leslie at email@example.com
YOU MAKE ME CRAZY is a 9-part series on surviving relationships God's way. Everyone has "crazymakers" in life, whether it's a boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, boss, or relative. This series will help bring sanity to your relationships so you can do more than just coexist; you can connect.
This 8-part sermon series will be run over a 9 week period:
- Six Keys to Peace in Relationships (Sept 21 – James 3:13-18)
- Who's Pushing Your Buttons? (Sept 28 – Proverbs 12:26, 16:32, 25:28)
- Resolving Conflict (Oct 5 – Romans 12:17-18)
- Boundaries and Your Relationships (Oct 12 – Proverbs 4:23)
- Breaking Free From Abuse (Oct 19 – Job 19:1-3)
- Escaping The People-Pleaser Trap (Oct 26 –Proverbs 29:25)
- The Solution For Religious Crazy Makers: More Jesus, Less Religion (Nov 2 – Matthew 23:4, Jeremiah 6:14)
- Keeping The Crazymakers From Making You Crazy (Nov 16 – Various Scriptures)
We will be celebrating communion Sunday, September 7th, and small group sign ups will also begin then, and will continue until September 14th.
Tea and Tots resumes after a Summer break on September 3rd, and will continue to be weekly on Wednesday mornings in the Discovery Centre (please see the calendar of events for more information.) Men’s Promise Keeper’s Saturday morning study group will begin meeting again Saturday, September 6th, and our Women on A Journey Monthly breakfast begins again September 20th. There is a lot of great things happening at Discovery Church this Fall!